THE PROACTIVE HEALTH TIP LIST YOU NEED
The proactive health tip list that you need, is all about steps in the direction of improved health and wellness. This is truly what Live Fat and Fit is all about, improved health and wellness for all bodies.This list is an accumulation of lists found on the World Wide Web and I have added tips I find necessary and important.
WHY YOU NEED THIS LIST
This list is a one-stop spot, a comprehensive place to find ways to be more proactive about your health. It allows you to view options, choose priorities and see how all the tips are intertwined.
Review the list and find the habits that you already follow. Then, add one at a time. Do this until YOU feel you are accomplishing YOUR idea of health and wellness.
MY 100 PROACTIVE HEALTH TIPS
- Move your body (Practical Fitness in Life).
- Eat breakfast.
- Beware of chemicals on your skin.
- Brush teeth twice a day.
- Drive the speed limit.
- Eat protein at every meal.
- Work a job you enjoy.
- Treat yourself with KINDNESS.
- Realise how precious time with your children is.
- Reduce meat consumption (Plant-based Eating For Improved Health).
- Moderate heavy carbohydrates.
- Build balance and strength (How To Build Balance In Your Life).
- Watch caffeine intake.
- Park your car far away from the store.
- Learn to love soup (Super Simple Soup For Sauce).
- Create practical fitness moments in your day (Practical Fitness In Life).
- Find a hobby you enjoy.
- Include nuts and seeds.
- BERRIES (Love These Berries)!
- Shop whole foods.
- Five minute meditation every day (Simple Meditation – My Way).
- Schedule teeth cleanings.
- Join groups that share your interests.
- Increase fibre intake.
- Eat a banana a day.
- Develop an attitude of gratitude (Is The Glass Half Full?).
- Less canned foods.
- Affirm your power (Are You Waiting For Someone Else To Raise You Up?)
- Regular eye checkups.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months.
- Eat fried foods rarely.
- Smile often.
- Work off your frustrated energy physically.
- Self-care Sunday (Self-care Habit Challenge).
- Decrease fat intake.
- Eat superfoods (What Makes A Superfood Super?)
- Stretch daily (How To Build A SMART Stretching Practice)
- Laugh and cry.
- More safe water consumption.
- Try veggies you have not eaten before.
- Get the sleep you need.
- Live NOW (What Is Your OneWord365?)
- Cook with beans/legumes.
- Try batch meal prep.
- It is okay, to not be okay (You Deserve The Odd Self-Limited Pity Party!).
- Snack sometimes.
- Understand sleep hygiene.
- Hug someone often.
- Wash produce well.
- Make your home relaxed and comfortable.
- Add greens to rice and pasta.
- Set SMART goals (How To Set SMART Goals).
- Visit your doctor sooner rather than later when you are not well (What Is Generally Good Health?)
- Climb stairs when you can (What You Need For An Aerobic Success Story).
- Less sugary liquids.
- Help others.
- Choose a mentor.
- Consider a plant-based diet (My Journey To A Plant-based Diet).
- Massage you hands, feet and head.
- Quit smoking.
- Get your vitamin D checked.
- Spend time with friends.
- Alcohol in moderation.
- Drink coffee or tea.
- Create a vision of a healthy self in your mind.
- Learn forgiveness.
- Stay up-to-date on medical testing.
- Reduce salt.
- Add garlic where you can.
- Watch the news less.
- Use olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Eat less fried foods.
- Learn to do ankle alphabets (How Ankle Alphabets Can Help).
- Limit artificial sweeteners.
- Journal, talk to yourself.
- Breathe through stress (Just Breathe Now!).
- Access online, free, mental-health resources.
- Take supplements if needed.
- Find salad recipes.
- Enjoy time-limited pity parties (You Deserve The Odd Self-Limited Pity Party).
- Fermented foods for your gut.
- Walk barefoot in the grass.
- Connect your mind and body (The Important Mind-Body Connection).
- Avoid mosquitoes.
- Vaccinations up-to-date.
- Sweets are treats.
- Stay-cation, if not vacation.
- Store food correctly.
- Monitor food expiration dates.
- Reduce single-use plastics (Are Nanoplastics In All Food?)
- Teach your kids affection.
- Celebrate baby steps!
- Know you SHINE!
- Follow suggested portions on labels.
- Live according to your core values (Living Life According To Your Core Values).
- Follow COVID-19 protocols – mask up, physical distancing, wash hands, sneeze or cough into your sleeve.
- Take prescribed medications as directed.
- FORGET THE ENTIRE LIST SOMETIMES!
THE REALITY IS THIS …
You are gonna do, what you are gonna do, but knowledge is power!
Yesterday, The How To Of Proactive Health introduced you to the aspects of health that each of these tips fit into. These 100 tips do not appear in any particular order. The first and the last tips were placed purposefully because they are the two most important tips on the list.
For those of you wanting a more technical read, Iris Wellness Labs explains proactive health well. My personal goal is always to simplify and so … Lynne’s thoughts about proactive health and wellness go something like this …
This is a huge undertaking. I cannot do all of this, but I want and need to work towards better health! Can I really do all of this? NO WAY … and so on. In the end, I remind myself – one step at a time, simplify!
Choose what makes sense to you and know YOUR priorities! Celebrate achievements of any kind and keep moving forward.
TIP #101 – REACH OUT WHEN YOU NEED HELP! We all need help sometimes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. I am here to help!